Monday, January 14, 2008

My Artist Brother

(Please check out my brother's blogsite: http://inkoarts.blogspot.com and website: http://www.artmajeur.com/ingkosisican)

I always thought of myself as an artist. Well, sort of as I have always been fascinated with images captured by the works of artists. Personally, I would like to someday learn to paint as a hobby but it seems I haven't gotten the real itch to do so. Actually, I have experienced painting as a project in my last year in elementary grade. Well, its not much of a painting, I have a slight memory of it as a landscape painting with a tree as the major point of image. In my opinion it was a wee bit above average painting for a 12-year old. I think I got a bit of a nice grade for that one.

Anyways, I won't dwell much of my talent in painting as I definitely haven't discovered it yet. However, I would like to share the talent of my older brother Jeffrey. We fondly call him Ingko (in our dialect, this is is mainly used to call for respect by younger brothers to their middle elder brothers). Actually, he is exactly the middle brother being the 4th child of seven brothers. For me, I call him InkO because of his talent in the arts, hence, the ink + o. Particularly, he is talented in visual arts and fine arts having graduated Fine Arts from no less than the University of the Philippines (the top university in my country, the Philippines). I think his influences in painting are surrealism, symbolism, expressionalism, impressionalism and embedding it into local themes (just like the painting images in this post which are some of his recent artworks). Personally, I think he has a great talent and I only hope he will have a chance to show it to more audiences. Like most artists, he hasn't cashed in much of his talent but slowly he is making ends meet in his personal goals. He has so far done commissioning jobs to paint as well as done lots of personal exhibits. His enthusiasm in his art has not really wavered despite some setbacks. As a brother, he is great to talk with since he has really nice ideas. We can easily relate with each other together as he is also fond with computers and he is my no.1 adviser when I had some creative projects such as banners and posters. As an uncle, he is probably one of the coolest uncles as he is very patient in dealing with his nephews and nieces and he is well liked by children. As a son, he has deep connection specially with our Mom who he is trying to help take care in this stage of Mom's recovery from a minor stroke last year.

InkO, hope you will have a better year this 2008 and keep on showing your creative spirit. Good luck!

Please check out my brother's blogsite: http://inkoarts.blogspot.com/

No comments: