Friday, May 16, 2008
Pouting Lips
Last night, I went home to a sleeping Danielle with pouting lips. The protruded pouting lips were caused by a mouth injury of her own doing. She had been playing at the playground with her Pinoy-Korean friends that afternoon. Upon coming back to the apartment, she went directly to our room and jumped in the bed. After a few minutes, my wife heard a thud and a cry in the room. She found a crying Danielle with a bloody mouth saying the window hurt her. My wife, I am proud to say she didn't panicked upon seeing the blood in Danielle's mouth, immediately let her drink some water and let her eat some ice cream. She learned that putting cold compress to children's mouth injuries was a good way to stop bleeding. Indeed the bleeding stopped and Danielle cooled down and asked some milk before sleeping soon after. When I looked at her injured mouth, I was really worried because it was the first time I saw her with such an injury but my wife, Gina, soothed my worries away with the way she coolly handled the situation. She got some ice pack and applied cold compress to the lips while Danielle slept. This morning when I called up the house, a lively Danielle in good mood answered the phone. She told me (she still speaks gibberish sometimes but I could understand her already) that she is already fine and that she had been playing with her friends yesterday. My wife took over the phone and told me that Danielle promised not to jump on the bed. We are hoping she will keep that promise with the kind painful lesson she received.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment