On May 30, I had my 30nth birthday here in Korea. Despite being away from home, I am very happy to have spent it here with my family and new friends. Actually, the night before my birthday, I called up home to try to catch up with my twin bro - Jay who had just arrived from UK to continue his vacation in the Philippines together with his wife. Unfortunately, he was not home but I was able to talk with my Dad and Mom. I also talked with my brother InkO Ron-Ron and my niece and nephew - Pauline and Patrick. It was nice to have talked with them.
Since it was Friday, I and my new friends had a basketball game against our fellow Korean colleagues. If it was a boxing match, we won't be allowed to go against the Koreans as they were almost double our size. To give you an idea of the mismatch, it was like a game between the high schoolers against collegiates. Yet, we were able to give them a tough game with our teamwork, passing, shooting and speed. We just couldn't match up with their size and power. The next game we were mixed and matched together with the Koreans and it was more fun. We ended our basketball game around 8PM and my guys were famished. We went home and to my surprise the friends of my wife bought me a nice birthday cake! My wife prepared a simple Visayan birthday dinner for all of us. We had pork humba, chicken adobo, fish escabeche and bihon. We finished it off with some soju - korean rice wine. We ended the small salo-salo a little early than usual (just before midnight) since the following day I had a picnic to attend with my Design Team while my friends had to work Overtime. It was another really wonderful simple dinner with family and friends. I couldn’t ask for more.


No comments:
Post a Comment